A passionate advocate for high quality public education, Ava Jacklin is a pioneer in the charter school industry. Ava is the founding president of Renaissance Academy, a high performing world language charter school serving grades K-9 in Lehi, Utah. Under her direction, the school became one of the most highly sought after schools in the state, earning her a reputation of distinction which led to her recruitment to HighMark School Development, a national charter school facilities development company. Ava left HighMark to prioritize raising her family, when she and her husband Dave adopted two little girls from China.
ADP/AdvancedMD (Implementation Trainer) November 2012 to Present
• Training clients who have purchased the AdvancedMD Software. Provide coaching and training on using the software to enhance their practice management. • Present webinars to multiple clients at a time providing instruction on specific topics within the software. • Provide a high level of customer service to clients immediately after their purchase of the software. From training and instruction to follow up on questions and problem resolution.
REDeMED Medical Business Services LLC (Business Owner) December 2008 to July 2012
• Managing the medical billing services for physicians. Including, coding posting charges, payments, reporting and collecting accounts receivable. • Manage contracted employees in day to day responsibilities. Responsible for sales and negotiations of contracts with new clients. • Consulting and Auditing for Medical Offices, providing strategies and suggestions on how to improve billing and collections processes.
OmniMD (Manager Training & Implementation) October 2011 to January 2012
• Staff and Develop a national Implementation/Training Organization • Development of an Implementation and Training Toolkits • Development of Software Documentation • Re-organize re-structure Users Manual • Organize Train the Trainer Conferences
Highmark School Development (Director School Outreach) August 2009 to May 2010 • Assisted the organization in making sound business decisions and investment risks. • Developed auditing and Training Materials for Clients • Performed audits to charter schools throughout the country assessing their fiscal responsibility, board governance, teaching methodologies, organizational structure, administration and management effectiveness, enrollment numbers and overall school viability. • Provided oversight regarding capital construction projects funded by HighMark • Provided Training for Charter Schools through on-site as well as virtual methods. Training included best practices for Charter Schools, Board governance, climate and cultural improvement among stakeholders and etc. • Met weekly with team to Report, strategize and creatively determine new methods of achieving success with clients.
ABJ Enterprises (Business owner) August 2003 to Present
• Independent contractor with Medical Software companies (AdvancedMD and digiChart) providing training services to Physicians and their staff on Medical practice management software. Specifically the processes of electronic medical billing.
• Consulting Physicians in efficient business practices to generate more revenue and streamline their office and business practices and procedures.
Renaissance Academy Charter School August 2005 to July 2007
• Served as the Founding President of the Board of Directors during the development and implementation phase. • Lead a board consisting of 6 members as we managed the construction of a building, the choice of curriculum, the hiring of faculty, the implementation of our mission and the opening of the school. During the schools first year, management of staff and administration was necessitated while also managing the tasks involved to purchase (Bond) our facility. • Continue to stay involved in training current Board Members in order to protect and maintain the Vision and Mission of Renaissance Academy. • Curriculum writer and developer of both a Character Education curriculum and a Leadership curriculum for middle school students. This curriculum includes historical mentor modeling, experiential learning, service learning and a real “think outside the box” philosophy for teaching students the concepts involved in the curricula.
WordPerfect Corporation May 1990 to January 1994
• Technical Support Representative
Certified computer software trainer
Licensed with the state of Utah for approximately two years in the foster care program. Including, foster parenting, respite care, peer parenting.
Certified Childbirth instructor and Doula. Taught childbirth classes for approximately 6 years and continue to provide Doula services.
Completed 3 years of University Study majoring in Public Relations. University of Utah and Brigham Young University
Skilled in: all major Microsoft Office programs; Able to type over 60 wpm; Medical Billing